Renting a traditional PO Box from the Post Office is a cost-effective option when you have basic mail needs and want to protect your privacy and receive mail. However, there are certain needs that PO Boxes cannot fulfill. This is where online mailboxes come to the rescue. An online mailbox, also known as an online PO Box or Virtual Mailbox, comes with all the features you get with a traditional post office box and much more.
What is a Online Mailbox?
Your online mailbox also known as virtual mailbox is a digital mailbox service that allows you to manage your mail and packages via any device. You'll have the ability to receive, forward, pick up, shred, or discard mail and packages. Your virtual mailbox is commercial address with your own personal box number. A online mailbox makes managing your postal mail as easy and convenient as email. In fact, your online mailbox looks similar to an email inbox.
View and manage your mail in our user-friendly interface; you review and select the appropriate action, such as scanning the contents, forwarding, shredding and easily have an address to receive postal mail and packages. The outside mail envelope or package label is scanned so you can decide whether you want to scan the mail contents, forward the mail, or trash it.
An online mailbox provides you the ability to manage your mail from anywhere, anytime.
- A commercial business address that receives mail from all couriers such as USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- Forward important documents to yourself such as driver license, passports, and credit cards.
- Consolidate packages and ship them to anywhere in the world at affordable prices.
What Are The Advantages of an online mailbox?
1. Easy Access to Your Mail Online
With an online mailbox, your mail is scanned and put online for you to view directly inside your favorite web browser. This is extremely useful for those who travel frequently, live or work overseas, or need an US commercial address either for personal or business use.
Unlike a post office box, you can access your mail online from anywhere, at anytime, without having to physically drive to the post office. Once you see your mail, you decide what you want to do with it.
- If you're in a hurry to read the mail, have it opened and scanned.
- If it's sensitive material, forward it.
- If it's junk mail, trash it.
You will never pay extra shipping fees to forward unwanted mail. Plus, if you have your mail content scanned, you get a digital copy of any important document you can archive forever.
2. Professional Commercial Address Gives Professional Image For Businesses
Real Street Address
Purely Virtual Company
1234 Lincoln Blvd #5555
Los Angeles, CA 90000
PO Box Address
Joe Smith Company
PO Box 5555
Los Angeles, CA 90000
A prestigious street address creates a professional image for your business. A business address is beneficial for startups, home, or small businesses because it builds trust and confidence with your customers plus other business advantages. And it looks great on business cards too!
- Keep your business information private and secure.
- Create and maintain a professional business appearance to your customers.
- Make it easier for customers to find and contact your business locally.
Alongside the professional image by having a legitimate commercial business address, there are some other excellent benefits that come with having an online mailbox like VirtualPostMail! Here are just some of the ways your business will improve by having an online mailbox:
- Increase efficiency and operational excellence - The benefit of a digital mail solution enables businesses to receive US postal mail, documents, invoices, and packages faster. A virtual mailbox offers lower processing costs, lower costs for storing, searching, retrieving, reproducing, and distributing documents.
- Manage time sensitive mail fast and easy - Immediately view content of a mail scanned document. Review important mail scan pieces to address quickly from anywhere.
- Reduce mail forwarding and save on shipping costs - You’ll be able to consolidate package deliveries and assess mail processes better. You will be able to reduce the number of mail distribution times, mail runs, and save on international shipping.
- Reduce volume of junk mail - A virtual mailbox provides visibility into all incoming mail. You can suppress unwanted mail and reduce mail volume to only important documents.
- Communicate with vendors and customers securely - Receive important documents, invoices, and checks from sub-contractors and customers in one place and right away. Additionally, your commercial business address remains the same even when you move for a consistent and professional image.
3. Receive Mail and Packages from All Couriers
One of the primary handicaps to using a PO Box is that you can only receive mail delivered through USPS. No FedEx or UPS.
If you are an LLC a PO Box is not accepted as your commercial business address.
To learn more about why you need a commercial business address for an LLC read our blog on Why You Need a Commercial Business Address for Your LLC or Corporation
But couriers do deliver to mailboxes with a street address. This means you can accept mail and packages from ALL couriers. In addition, someone will be available to sign for your parcels. You'll rest better knowing that your package is not sitting on your porch, inviting itself to be taken hostage.
4. Mail and Package Forwarding
Forwarding mail and packages from a PO Box is actually not cheap. USPS charges extra to perform this service for you. They will bulk forward your mail, including junk mail and mail for previous mailbox owners. And USPS won't be happy if your mailbox overflows.
VirtualPostMail relieves you of all these worries. Your online mailbox will never overflow. Your mail and packages are securely stored until you forward them. When you want to forward your mail, you pay competitive rates. Best of all - no junk mail forwarding! You only forward what you want.
VirtualPostMail gives you much more than what's mentioned above, such as picking your own 4-digit mailbox number that's easy to remember, Smart Address Tags, and automatic new mail notification. All these features are bundled into distinct plans with affordable prices.
Ready for a Virtual Mailbox?
Having VirtualPostMail can easily improve your life. Simply put, easily manage your mail and packages with our very own mailbox service VirtualPostMail.