You have signed up for a registered agent service, but realize that you will need a separate mailbox service for your business on top of using a registered agent service. Wouldn't it be great if it was in one place instead of having to look for two different services?
By having a virtual mailbox with your registered agent service together for your business, you can easily manage all your personal, business, and legal mail in one place. Here are 7 great reasons why having the two under one single service provider is a smart choice.
First, What is a Registered Agent?
A registered agent is a person or company who is registered in the same state in which a business entity was established and who is designated to receive service of process notices, correspondence from the Secretary of State, and other official government notifications (ie. tax forms and notice of lawsuits) on behalf of an LLC or corporation.
What is The Difference Between Registered Agent Services and a Virtual Mailbox?
Registered agents are primarily responsible for receiving and forwarding service of process and other legal documents. Additionally, they are required to forward any government, federal, state, or local mail for the business that the agent represents.
Most registered agent services offer limited mail forwarding options. The types of mail that are handled by a registered agent include legal process or documents (ie. lawsuits), certified mail, and government mail from the Secretary of State.
If you want to receive and manage mail sources other than those from government agencies and courts, such as your customer check payments or vendor invoices, a registered agent service alone cannot provide that. Registered agent services will not scan normal business mail, forward packages, or deposit check payments. For that, you will need a separate mailbox provider to manage non-legal related mail or mail processing services.
What is a Virtual Mailbox?
A virtual mailbox service offers a permanent commercial business address for receiving personal or business mail. Once the mail is received, the unopened envelopes are scanned so you can view your mail online at your convenience. Then, you decide whether to have the mail opened and scanned, forwarded, or destroyed. With a virtual mailbox, you can read and manage your postal mail from anywhere in the world and on any device.
The Advantages of Using VirtualPostMail as Your Virtual Mailbox and Registered Agent Service
- Free Registered Agent Services - VirtualPostMail can act as your registered agent service to receive legal documents for your business. Combine VirtualPostMail’s Registered Agent Service with a virtual mailbox for a comprehensive business mail solution. VirtualPostMail Registered Agent Service is included at no charge. Save over $100 a year compared to using a dedicated registered agent service. VirtualPostMail Registered Agent Service is available in every state where we have a location.
Did You Know?
You can use VirtualPostMail as a registered agent for multiple businesses without paying extra.
EXAMPLE: John pays for a Plus Plan, which gives 5 free recipients. John can pay for one Plus Plan and get free registered agent services for up to 5 businesses without paying more. With other registered agent services, John would need to pay a separate fee for each business. By using VirtualPostMail, John will save huge with multiple companies within the same state.
- Privacy - Many small business owners use their home address for business correspondence. This ends up destroying their personal privacy because a registered agent’s name and address is publicly accessible information and searchable online. This means that if you are your business’ registered agent and you list your home address as the registered agent’s office, your personal contact information will be listed on public documents and process servers will deliver notifications to your house. VirtualPostMail Registered Agent Service protects your privacy by being the one who is shown on the Secretary of State’s website and other publicly available records.
Security - You can rest assured that all your legal, as well as, personal documentation is under the highest security with VirtualPostMail. Unlike other mail providers, mail is delivered directly from a courier to our operations center, eliminating any middleman in the process that may increase the risk of loss, damage, or theft. Each mail piece is then tagged and stored securely in each of our mail locations. Every touch point is audited and recorded. And all trashed mail is shredded to protect your sensitive information.
On top of that:
- VirtualPostMail is a registered Commercial Mail Receiving Agent (CMRA) authorized by the United States Postal Service to process and handle mail on your behalf.
- All sensitive information sent to and from our servers is encrypted with bank-level SSL encryption.
- Your mail is protected with around-the-clock surveillance monitoring with security alarm and camera systems.
Package Forwarding - VirtualPostMail provides you with fast and affordable package forwarding options to anywhere in the world. Each package received will have its shipping label scanned for online viewing. Manage your packages online just like your mail. It's that easy.
- Mail Forwarding - By using VirtualPostMail, you will never need to worry about missing any important personal, business, and legal documents again. You will easily have the ability to forward mail, important documents, checks, and invoices from customers and vendors to yourself no matter where you are. Additionally, you will get email notifications when you receive new mail and then you decide whether to have the mail opened and scanned, mail forwarded, or destroyed.
Mail forwarding and mail forwarding service are defined as two separate things.
What is mail forwarding? Mail forwarding is the act of forwarding mail sent to an old address to a new address. This is done by the post office at no charge.
What is a mail forwarding service? A mail forwarding service is a company or corporation that acts as a private address that forwards your received mail to you, wherever your business is located.
With our mail forwarding feature, you can send mail anywhere. Simply choose the items that you wish to forward and where, and we will handle the rest. We’ll send your mail to you anywhere in the world without a hassle.
Get A Full Mail Solution - Combine a virtual mailbox with VirtualPostMail’s Registered Agent Service for a comprehensive business mail solution.
Save Time - Streamline workflow and automate administrative tasks when it comes to snail mail and package delivery. VirtualPostMail scans each mail envelope that comes in and posts it to your virtual mailbox automatically.
In addition, you:
- Can have all your business mail and documents digitized.
- Save time not having to scan documents yourself.
- Skip the hassle of opening and sorting mail.
- Can quickly and easily search through PDF scans using OCR technology.
- Can store digital mail documents for future reference or for tax purposes.
- You will never need to sift through years of paper just to find what you need.
Same Day Access To Served Documents - Unlike traditional registered agent services, you never need to wait for served documents to be mailed to you. All legal documents served are scanned and made available online the same day they are received. These real-time notifications can save precious time by giving you more time to consult with legal counsel and respond in a timely manner.
VirtualPostMail provides real-time notices of incoming litigation papers by scanning the received documents and emailing them to you immediately. The physical paper documents would then be inducted into your virtual mailbox so you can have it forwarded if you wish. In this way, legal documents are delivered to you in the fastest and more secure manner.
Business Address - A business address is useful for startups who do not have a physical presence, which is needed for an LLC or corporation. Our locations provide a commercial business address that is private and secure. Many startups use their home address for business correspondence sacrificing privacy.
Why would you want a address with your registered agent service? There are two main reasons why you would want to use a address with your registered agent service.
- To show that the business is run out of that state.
- Have a permanent business address to receive all postal mail.
VirtualPostMail provides you with the ideal solution, which is a permanent commercial business address to receive postal mail.
By combining a virtual mailbox with your Registered Agent Service, you will get the benefits of saving money with our free registered agent services, protecting your personal privacy, and have a commercial street address to use for business communication. And you only have to deal with one single service provider to handle your business mail and corporate compliance needs.
How Are You Dealing With Your Business Mail and Registered Agent Services Today?
Learn More About Related Topics
Why a Registered Agent is Needed for an LLC or Corporation
All state-registered business entities, such as LLCs and corporations, are required to have a registered agent in the state where the company is formed or doing business in. In addition, every state requires an LLC or corporation to assign a designated physical street address to the registered agent for state documents. Read more.
9 Reasons to Use a Registered Agent Service
If you own a LLC or corporation you are likely required to designate a registered agent for your business entity. You will need to provide the registered agent’s name and address on the formation documents you file with the state. There are a number of compelling reasons to choose a registered agent service provider for your business. Read more.